[Gta04-owner] New hw-validation snapshot

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri Nov 18 11:08:47 CET 2011

On 18.11.2011 09:35, Neil Jerram wrote:
> On 17.11.2011 09:35, Christoph Mair wrote:
>
>> Maybe its possible to boot use a initramfs to test the GPS
>> reception.
>> This would eliminate all activities on the mmc data lines.
>
> I'm willing to try this, but I don't understand how to implement your
> suggestion.  Could you provide more detailed guidance?  (Or just
> point
> me to some existing reference.)

To be a bit more precise: I think I understand the idea of initramfs
and how to create one, but

(1) I can't see (looking at boot.txt) how I can tell u-boot to tell
Linux to use an initramfs

(2) I don't understand how this would eliminate MMC activity - because
wouldn't the kernel and initramfs still be being loaded from the SD
card?  (And I believe that MMC == SD, right?)

Thanks,
       Neil