[Gta04-owner] New hw-validation snapshot

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Nov 16 22:51:37 CET 2011

On 16.11.2011 21:10, Neil Jerram wrote:
> On 16.11.2011 20:56, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>> You do not need to reinstall the rootfs or reformat the SD card.
>> Just
>> extract and replace the modified uImage and Xorg.conf (I hope
>> I did not forget anything).
>
> What about downloading and unpacking modules.tgz - would there be any
> changes in there?

I'm afraid I'm still not getting real GPS information.  I guessed (from
googling) that it might also need a further command:

echo normal >/sys/devices/platform/reg-virt-consumer.5/mode

but that made no difference.

I haven't yet opened up my GTA04 to check the antenna connection, so it
could still be a mechanical problem in my case.  Therefore it would be
lovely to hear if anyone else can see real satellite or fix information
with the new validation kernel.

Regards,
         Neil