[Gta04-owner] GPS fix?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Nov 16 15:52:12 CET 2011

On 16.11.2011 11:37, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I think I have found the root cause.

Ah, that's nice news; thanks for the investigation.

> The VSIM LDO is simply not switched on
> or has been switched off by the Kernel regulator drivers.
>
> VSIM should be set to 2.8V. This voltage is provided to both, the
> internal
> and the external antenna.
>
> It is explicitly switched on by the "gps init" command of U-Boot,
> and all antenna tests had been done through U-Boot.

http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/unstable/src/boot.txt appears to
have "gps init" in all the right places, in particular the one for a
default Linux boot.  And I'm 99% sure that my current boot.scr comes
from that.  So I guess that means that the kernel is switching _off_
VSIM when it boots?

> I will look into the kernel code and there will soon be a new
> hw-validation kernel
> release that has the AUX button and some other minor issues fixed.

Great, I'm looking forward to that.  (Although it's bad news for my
Christmas card preparations....)

        Neil