[Gta04-owner] GPS fix?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Nov 15 13:50:52 CET 2011

On 14.11.2011 23:55, Neil Jerram wrote:
> On 14.11.2011 22:56, Christoph Mair wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Neil Jerram
>> <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:
>>> Has anyone got a GPS fix yet, or any real GPS information, with
>>> their GTA04?
>>>  I don't seem to get one with mine.
>> Did you use the internal antenna?
>
> Yes.

I wonder if I connected the internal antenna correctly to the GTA04
board.  For me this was the most difficult and uncertain part of the
installation, because the connector is very small and I could not tell
how much force I should be applying to it.

Now I've just seen [1], and that reinforces that this connection is an
important detail.  So I think maybe I need to open up again and take
another look at that connection.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FreeRunner_GPS_antenna_repair_SOP

If you have further advice for how to detach and reattach this
connector correctly (beyond what is in the manual), please say.

Regards,
       Neil