[Gta04-owner] X keycode of the Power button

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Nov 11 14:30:43 CET 2011

Am 09.11.2011 um 12:10 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> On 09.11.2011 10:13, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
>>> (**) AUX Button: always reports core events
>>> (**) AUX Button: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
>>> (II) AUX Button: Found 9 mouse buttons
>>> (II) AUX Button: Configuring as mouse
>>> (**) AUX Button: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
>>> (**) AUX Button: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
>>> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AUX Button" (type: MOUSE)
>>>
>>> So for some reason either the kernel or evdev thinks that AUX is a mouse - that's the next thing to investigate.
>>
>> Oops - maybe we define a mouse driver instead of a GPIO keyboard driver...
>> This may be some misconfiguration in the kernel. I will give it a look in the
>> next days.
>
> Thanks, that would be good to check.

I could not find anything problematic in the kernel driver.

I have also compared the twl_powerbutton driver but it does nothing obviously
different in its probe() function.

But it appears to be a common problem on ARM-OMAP handhelds:

	http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/meego-dev/2010-November/479986.html
	http://paste2.org/p/484207
	http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.general/14039

Maybe we have to dig into the evdev driver source to find out how it detects
if the device is a keyboard or a mouse. Maybe, the gpio-keys driver is too old
to supply some important bit or flag (ioctl?).