[Gta04-owner] Charging battery from USB

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Nov 9 18:18:13 CET 2011

On 09.11.2011 16:59, Benjamin Kiessling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2011.11.09 16:49:24 +0000, neil at ossau.homelinux.net wrote:
>> I could be wrong, but I believe it's impossible for the phone to be
>> off when USB is plugged in.
>
> I just plugged in my mini-B cable into the mini-AB socket and nothing
> happened.

Is that with a GTA04?

I agree that that's what happens for a GTA02.  With my GTA04, though,

- if it's off, and I plug the USB in, it boots immediately

- if the USB cable is plugged in, and I tell the phone to shut down, it
shuts down and then boots again immediately.

To get it to go off and stay off, I need to tell it to shut down, then
remove the USB cable while it is doing that.

Is it just me, or do other people with GTA04 see that?

         Neil