[Gta04-owner] Broken devices

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Fri Nov 4 22:37:54 CET 2011

Hi David,

Am 04.11.2011 um 19:44 schrieb David Lanzendörfer:

>> Any other idea?

Could you please be much more specific?
Then, we can help you with much less guessing.

>> I now tried this procedure.

Which procedure?
Which u-Boot version? Where did you download it from?
Which serial tool(s) did you use?
Which (host) console messages when running the serial tool?

>> But even now, serial doesn't write anything else out then "60" before dieing.

This indicates that your serial tool is not running. It should wait for the "60" (without
echoing) and then send the serial-loader.

>> Any other idea?

> I'll try to upload another x-loader over serial and look if it boots at least into u-boot

Which one?

The normal MLO or x-loader file does not work. And please do not try to
use one from a Beagleboard. It may not have been compiled with the correct
DM3730 code and therefore fail.

You could also try to load the u-monitor. This is a very simple command line
interpreter which should print a "$" and wait for a command line. E.g. "m" should
print the PinMux settings. The special feature is that it just resides inside the
RAM on the SoC - and does not need the Package on Package Memory or
any peripherals besides the RS232 interface.