[Gta04-owner] 3.5mm instead of 2.5mm headphone jack?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:08:56 CEST 2011

2011/5/30 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
> But we found that e.g. Nokia has a 2.5 mm -> 3.5 mm adapter
> (4 wire) for just a handful EUR. Part number: Nokia Audio Adapter AD-52
>
> What we also have done is to optimize the pin assignment so that
> the 4 pins are compatible to more headsets and AV cables.

So you are rearranging them to the Nokia layout? It will be good to
document this well to avoid confusion.

2011/5/30 Jorge Costa <jorge.costa.mail at gmail.com>:
> One of the things that pissed me off the most with my previous mobile
> phones was the 2.5mm headphone socket, that 'feature' alone has always
> prevented me from using the phone as my main mp3 player.

GTA02 used Motorola compatible layout, so I bought three MP35A
2.5mm->3.5mm converters as documented at
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Headset - so 1 for my main portable
headphones, 1 for car and 1 for portable speakers. This way I don't
have to do any extra plugging when using FreeRunner as my main ogg
player :)

The Nokia layout is probably more universal.

-Timo