[Gta04-owner] 3.5mm instead of 2.5mm headphone jack?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon May 30 10:56:34 CEST 2011

Hi Jorge,

Am 30.05.2011 um 10:49 schrieb Jorge Costa:

> Hi all,
>
> One of the things that pissed me off the most with my previous mobile
> phones was the 2.5mm headphone socket, that 'feature' alone has always
> prevented me from using the phone as my main mp3 player.
> I have one of those fancy in-ear headphones and another
> active-noise-reducing pair, they all have 3.5mm jacks.
> Will it be possible to replace the 2.5mm with the 3.5mm audio socket?
> Or is the phone too crammed for that?

We did not find a 3.5 mm socket that fits into the existing case.

But we found that e.g. Nokia has a 2.5 mm -> 3.5 mm adapter
(4 wire) for just a handful EUR. Part number: Nokia Audio Adapter AD-52

What we also have done is to optimize the pin assignment so that
the 4 pins are compatible to more headsets and AV cables.

Hope this helps.