[Gta04-owner] Status of Production of the GTA04A3-EA boards

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu May 19 14:22:19 CEST 2011

Hi Boudewijn,

Am 19.05.2011 um 14:00 schrieb WB:

> --- On Wed, 18/5/11, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, the DM3730 CPUs did not yet arrive in time.
>> Texas
>> Instruments has rescheduled them for 25th May. This is
>> just
> ... drum roll...
>> 1 more week...
> It's still the 800MHz version, isn't it? I updated the (OM) wiki for that bit.

Yes. At least I hope they send us what we have ordered long time ago.

Now it is only 6 days left and they have not announced another
delay...

>> Therefore, I just learned that they did not yet order the
>> stencil although
>> I did send them the data already beginning of April.
> How serious is that? At "reasonable" complexity it seems trivial, but with an 8-layer board and the size of the paths, any idea how long the stencil will take?

Well, the Stencils are not a time-problem. Last time it did take
less than 1 week. So it will not introduce another significant
delay if they order them tomorrow.

>> On Friday we have a big meeting to go through everything
>> and
>> plan what is missing.
> "we" being Golden Delicious, or you and the SMD-fab? By the way, I was looking for image results for "Open Apple" and found the Freerunner while searching for "golden

me + SMD fab. I.e. we will go through the components list if some
1kOhm resistor is missing. It is usually one very uncritical part
that adds some more delay because everyone thought that it is
not a problem. Well, the solution usually cost 20ct @ DigiKey and
two more days to wait for delivery.

> delicious bug", another result was at http://postharvest.tfrec.wsu.edu/marketdiseases/Apples/codling_moth2.jpg which might not make the perfect logo ;-)

Oh no...

Well, some people use "Golden Delcious" as a user name
when they register in an Apple related forum...
But our brand did exist before Apple announced the iPhone.

> Once again, thanks for the update. With every update the result seems closer!

Should I now write hourly updates to speed up making the result come closer?

:) - Nikolaus