[Gta04-owner] Status of Production of the GTA04A3-EA boards

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed May 18 11:35:04 CEST 2011

Dear all,
I think you are as eagerly waiting for a new status information,
as we are...

From the components side, I think we now have 99% of everything
to produce the Early Adopter boards.

Unfortunately, the DM3730 CPUs did not yet arrive in time. Texas
Instruments has rescheduled them for 25th May. This is just
1 more week...

And, our SMD manufacturer has changed people and processes
in project management, and things are not yet running round (like
they used to in earlier projects).

Therefore, I just learned that they did not yet order the stencil although
I did send them the data already beginning of April.

On Friday we have a big meeting to go through everything and
plan what is missing.

You may imagine that it is a lot of work to organize approx. 400
components to be available in time and fit everything together.

Another topic you are surely interested in is when the next batch
can be (pre)ordered and what the price will be. We have now a plan
where we think everybody will be happy about, but we won't
announce it before the Early Adopter units have been built
and shipped successfully and the plan has been checked again
for soundness.

Finally I would like tot thank Christoph and Rene who volunteered
to demonstrate the GTA04A2 board at LinuxTag and all those
who were there.

-- Nikolaus