[Gta04-owner] GTA04 manual already available ?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:28:37 CEST 2011

2011/5/7 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
> A draft manual is currently a little hidden but you can find
> a link at the end of the first post of this list in the archive:
>
> http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-January/000000.html

Note that there is a license error on the front page. You're using
non-free Attribution-ShareAlike-NonCommercial license, but the first
written out CC text refers to the free Attribution-ShareAlike license
instead. The other referrals are to the correct CC license which
includes NC. The same error occurs on page 5.

I don't have anything against using a non-free license eg. for the
manual as such. What about the schematics, is that a deliberate
differentiation from original Openmoko to have also those under a
non-free license? It's quite ok also for me if that's part of your
business plan, but obviously it's not the same thing as doing open
hardware.

The topic is a bit delicate of course for freedom lovers so I hope it
will not induce any negative debate. I'll buy the hardware anyway -
even though non-free, it's anyway a few miles less non-free than any
competing product besides original Openmoko :) Not to talk about
completely free software side which is mostly what matters to me.

-Timo