[Gta04-owner] GTA04 Manual

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Mar 30 18:06:46 CEST 2011

Hi shirish,

Am 30.03.2011 um 05:44 schrieb shirish शिरीष:

> Hi List,
> Newbie here. Congratulations to the work done so far. I am not
> subscribed to the list so please CC me in case anyone replies.
>
> I saw the last few months of mail archives. Few thoughts, suggestions :-
>
> a. The GTA04 Manual needs to have its own home. Maybe some corner on
> the wiki would be a nice place for it and it could go through
> revisions as and when modified. If nothing else, it would let people
> know that they are getting the latest revision of the manual.

Yes, it will appear here:

http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-main/doc/

> b. Somewhere there needs to be some sort of a spreadsheet which lays
> costs (and incremental costs) and at what price and quantity does
> GTA04 becomes a somewhat of a self-sustaining project. This is of
> course would be after the Early Adopter Program plays out and
> depending on the reactions and stuff.

That is quite difficult to predict since purchase prices change every day.

As soon as we come into more regular production of batches like
250 or 500 units each, cost will go down dramatically. But how much
can only be estimated if we really ask for quotations for that numbers.

At the moment everything is just a guess. The price for the Early Adopter
units was subsidized by donations (more are welcome!).

> c. Liked the T-shirt
> http://en.qi-hardware.com/w/images/thumb/d/d2/Tuxbrain_FOSDEM_2011.jpg/540px-Tuxbrain_FOSDEM_2011.jpg
> but would be better to have the T-shirt be also on either the site or
> somewhere prominent so people would know. Also how the money raised
> would be used could be pitched up.

I thought about adding the design to some T-shirt store where
you can order yourself and we have no work with it...

Any suggestions?

> d. Videos :- The Videos linked seem to need a flash plugin :-
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DilQPjrSx4
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjFKQx18DgA

Well it is youtube... Others already have recommended solutions.

> is there an .ogg version hosted somewhere or downloadable from somewhere ?

> Looking forward to the next release.

Thanks,