[Gta04-owner] More buttons

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Mar 24 12:54:44 CET 2011

Hi,

Am 24.03.2011 um 12:47 schrieb Radek Polak:

> Hi,
> first of all congratulations to the GTA04 for their progress, i like very much
> the update mails.

Thanks!

> Now question: let's say i'd like to make new case for GTA04. Is it possible to

That would be great and appreciated by everyone I guess!

> connect to GTA04 board more keys or even whole qwerty keyboard something like
> N900 has?

Yes. You can connect a TCA8418 keyboard controller
(supports a 8x10 matrix = 80 keys) to some internal I2C bus.

We even have that on the PCB layout but unfortunately we did not
have space on the right side. So it will usually not be soldered and may
collide with the display module since it sits in the gap between PCB
surface and backplane of the LCD. So if you want to experiment with it...

But I anyway, I would suggest to look for a <50 EUR external
bluetooth keyboard.