[Gta04-owner] PCB layout --- final roadblock removed!

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 22:25:05 CET 2011

--- On Wed, 3/23/11, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> as indicated by the headline, we have finally achieved:
>
>     100% PCB connectivity!

Yeah! I had a quick look for some ASCII champagne, but the search results were not convincing enough to spam our list with it. Congratulations!

> Unfortunately, it did take much more time than anticipated.
All in all, the time on the waiting end of the population was not that long in my perception. Certainly the pseudo-weekly updates helped a lot in making it bearable ;-)

> But with our new helper tool it was much easier to identify
> and
> resolve the issues, why the autorouter did not achieve 100%
> connectivity
> If we ever have to redo this (e.g. to exchange major
> components because
> they become obsolete), I think we will need less than 3-4
> weeks.
> And fixing minor issues should be even faster now.
That's great as a by-product :-) Lets hope it even made "fixing minor issues" into "no need to fix non-existing issues" ;-)

> So I am sure you now ask yourself, what the next steps of
> the GTA04 core
> project will be. Here we are:
>
> 1. make another careful review of the PCB design
> (cut minor intervening steps...)
> 11. collect and share experiences
Only eleven steps before we can dial into our community conference center?

> Some more words about the future:
It looks bright, and I am looking forward to it!

> I will keep you updated on progress of these steps.
Thanks!

> PS: there have been many subscription requests to this list
> (...) it is no
> longer on invitation only.
About how many members by now, counting both original subscribers as well as requests and new members?

Best regards and keep up the good spirit,

Boudewijn