[Gta04-owner] CPU, Memory

Glenn Moeller-Holst glenn.mh.dk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 13:33:35 CET 2011

At 11:55 +0100 02/03/11, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>Unfortunately we did not get beyond approx. 95% completion
>so far. This means that approx. 90 connections
>are still unrouted. And routing them manually with the tools
>we have (we use EAGLE professional) is quite painful and
>very time consuming.

How is that possible ;-) - you have an 8-layer PCB and PoP memory? (ironically)

Now serious:

* Have you tried to rotate one or more chips X degrees?
* Maybe some chips are forgiving if you swap
pin-connection - if also done in
software/firmware?

Rule of thumb/hints - maybe tested in arbitrary
order - see if any of these can help you in any
way - or just temporarily change your state of
mind to look at the problem from a different
angle/perspective of how to place and position
the components:
* keep HF wires short
* keep high current wires short
* keep LF wires short

* Just a few extra wires: Maybe place a PCB
FM-antenna around the PCB perimeter with 90°
diversity connections ;-) Sorry I could not
resist...

* Maybe add one more Micro-SDHC slot/connector
somewhere on the board? - I already have problem
with only one 16GB and I would like a big local
backup partition.

In some later revision Micro-SDXC might be
supported? I do not know if the microcontroller
can handle it.
SDXC:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_Memory_Card#SDXC_.28SD_3.0.29

-

Do you place components on both sides?

At 14:18 +0000 02/03/11, Neil Jerram wrote:
>And another one: please take your time, and don't take on too much
>stress for yourselves.

Me too.

regards,

Glenn