[Gta04-owner] GTA04A3 Testing Status Update

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jul 27 14:52:00 CEST 2011

Am 26.07.2011 um 18:56 schrieb Michael Spreng:

> On 25/07/11 16:40, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> What do you think? Should we
>> a) hurry and have all of you help testing (but low chance
>>     to repair) or
>> b) continue testing in our small team on two boards.
>>    Ensuring that almost every bit and piece in hardware
>>    works (not necessarily optimized, but works)?

Hi all,
we have now decided to do both, a) and b).

Well, how can this work?

The SMD company will try to produce 5 boards on
Friday so that we can get them on Monday or Tuesday.

The may of course still have bugs. But we will not only
have one or two boards in our hardware team to test
but also maybe one or two of the Early Adpoters can
also receive a board. How many, depends a little on
how good they come out of production.

This gives us approx. 3 more weeks to iron out remaining
untested issues and have them handled in the final batch
of the EA boards.

Thanks to (some really generous!) donations, we
can pay the additional cost that result from doubling
the machine setup and handling so small batches.

So this is the secret how you can choose to do two
mutually excluding options :)

Now some other good news: the TV out driver (FBAS/CVBS 75 Ohm)
appears to work now. There is just a remaining problem
with the sync frequencies (maybe a difference between
clock frequency calculations in the OMAP3530 and DM3730).

The result is that the monitor does not properly
sync, but it shows the LXDE screen in color:

	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/images/IMG_0098.jpg (here you can see the GTA04 in the dark)
	http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/images/IMG_0097.jpg

Nikolaus

PS: I had to "apt-get install fbset" but since WLAN is broken on
this board and OTG makes some trouble, I did it through UMTS.
Worked quite nicely and *really* fast.