[Gta04-owner] case for GTA04 with 3D-printing?

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Wed Jul 27 08:42:56 CEST 2011

>Yes, we did some experiments but have not modified the case data (we have
>no mechanical engineer in the team). Shapeways could not produce the parts.
>But they may have improved now.
Well. I'm kinda engineer, although not yet graduated...
And Wene is a CAD "expert".
So we might get it working.
Although there is a slight problem with precision.
For example I'd wish to have a keyboard IF we would make a new case.
I mean... What's the point about making a case if you don't put any improovements
into it?
And a keyboard is something I was really missing during my trip trough Brazil.
Most of the time it was the only internet connection we had inside the rain forest,
so a keyboard for communicating would have made my life much easier...

Just my two clamshells

-lev