[Gta04-owner] GTA04 testing status

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jul 12 12:40:12 CEST 2011

And another update from the lab:

* the IrDA TX is working (RX not tested)

* built in Microphone is working and sound appears to be good.
   No "GSM buzz" found so far.

* two wires of the headset jack appear to be crossed
   over - so the simple 4-pin 2.5-3.5mm adapter cable does not work :(

   We have to analyse if the original headset jack has a different
   pinout than the easier-to-source replacement we have soldered
   on the PCB

So we have some know problems (WiFi power; wrong pins on
headset jack, handsfree speakers are not yet working) but
no show-stoppers.

We are coming quite close to test UMTS and try a first phone call...

-- hns