[Gta04-owner] Welcome

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Jan 25 09:17:27 CET 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 16:48:11 +0100 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> > 4. Draft of the User Manual
> >
> > We are also writing a user manual and please find attached an (early,
> > incomplete and sometimes wrong) draft.
> >
> > So if you have ideas, suggestions, questions, please use this list for
> > exchange.
> >
> > <GTA04 Manual.pdf>
>
> Did anyone already study the draft? Comments? Questions?

Looking at the data sheets...

The GTM501 claims to do A-GPS - but need a separate GPS transceiver
(surely they mean 'receiver'??).
I assume that isn't being used at all?

The link for the LSM303 seem to not work any longer.
Maybe
http://www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL_RESOURCES/TECHNICAL_LITERATURE/DATASHEET/CD00260288.pdf

found at http://www.st.com/internet/analog/product/250145.jsp

is correct?

The LIS302 and the LSM303 both have accelerometers, the later with a compass
as well.  So I guess we still have two accelerometers?  Is one still at an
angle to the other?  Do we really need to?

The fact that it can do video-out on the headset port is pretty cool!

Still lots more to read.

Thanks,
NeilBrown