[Gta04-owner] Welcome

Michele Brocco ssj2micvm at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 23:03:08 CET 2011

On 1/24/11, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Am 24.01.2011 um 21:32 schrieb Michele Brocco:
>
>> hey hey
>>
>> I just took a superficial look at it, will read it more carefully
>> during the next days. I have seen two things so far I am curious
>> about:
>>
>> First, why did you called the GTA04 "Openmoko ...." :)?
>
> Well, it is a replacement for an Openmoko GTA01/GTA02 and
> I see "Openmoko.org" as a continuing community project that
> was initiated by FIC and Openmoko, Inc. So why not call it the
> same as before...
I see. I just connected mentally Openmoko to the brand Openmoko Inc.
So was thinking if people may connect it as an Openmoko Inc. project
rather than Openmoko community + goldelico project. But it was just a
question.

>> Second, I am not sure if on page 33 the compass module label is the
>> right one. I know about a hmc5843 which I am using on the FRNBv2. Did
>> you mean that one or is it a totally different one?
>
> Not totally. It is a new version of the HMC58xx compass chips. It will
> become available in some weeks while the HMC5843 is End of Life.
>
> Christoph already has a sample. So he may know about differences
> in detail.

Yes I heard something related to it. And it is called HMC5853 as
written in page 33 or HMC5883L as in page 48?

Regards,

Michele