[Gta04-owner] Welcome

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jan 24 22:50:11 CET 2011

Am 24.01.2011 um 21:32 schrieb Michele Brocco:

> hey hey
>
> I just took a superficial look at it, will read it more carefully
> during the next days. I have seen two things so far I am curious
> about:
>
> First, why did you called the GTA04 "Openmoko ...." :)?

Well, it is a replacement for an Openmoko GTA01/GTA02 and
I see "Openmoko.org" as a continuing community project that
was initiated by FIC and Openmoko, Inc. So why not call it the
same as before...

> Second, I am not sure if on page 33 the compass module label is the
> right one. I know about a hmc5843 which I am using on the FRNBv2. Did
> you mean that one or is it a totally different one?

Not totally. It is a new version of the HMC58xx compass chips. It will
become available in some weeks while the HMC5843 is End of Life.

Christoph already has a sample. So he may know about differences
in detail.