[Gta04-owner] GTA04 hardware suggestion and discussions

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:55:43 CET 2011

Hi Boudewijn,

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 3:30 PM, W. B. Kranendonk
<wankelwankel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Another thing, apart from discussed RF-interfaces, how much room would a 433.92MHz transmitter take up? I believe that frequency is used for those home "automation" remotes. Does the included RF tranceiver cover that frequency?

The currently included transceivers do not cover that frequency band,
and yes, it's commonly used for home automation. Newer devices
sometines use the 868MHz (EZ) or 915MHz (US) bands too.

Such a solution should fit into one of the embedded air pockets of our
current case. It is on my list for a future FRRFB (Freerunner RF
Board) but I did not find enough spare time to realize it yet.
Whoever wants to take this task, help me or push me towards doing it,
is welcome to do so ;-)

Best Regards,
  Christoph