[Gta04-owner] GTA04 hardware suggestion and discussions

W. B. Kranendonk wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 15:30:33 CET 2011

--- On Fri, 2/11/11, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Am 22.01.2011 um 23:22 schrieb Glenn:
> > 1) Possibility of IR RC5 receiver/transmitter
> > 2) Possibility of IRDA transceiver
> We have had the chance for a last change before
> the final PCB layout is finished:
> I have now replaced the previous IrDA transceiver
> (HSDL3602)
>
> FYI: the transmitter is specified for >70cm IrDA and
> >9m TV infrared control.
That's supposed to be < instead of >, isn't it?

> ... leaves enough room
> for future experiments :)
Hahaha, as if that room would not be there otherwise ;-)

Another thing, apart from discussed RF-interfaces, how much room would a 433.92MHz transmitter take up? I believe that frequency is used for those home "automation" remotes. Does the included RF tranceiver cover that frequency?

Boudewijn