[Gta04-owner] GTA04 hardware suggestion and discussions : 802.11n dual-band+Bluetooth+FM transceiver (Broadcom BCM4329)

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 7 18:04:41 CET 2011

Hi Glenn,

Am 05.02.2011 um 09:18 schrieb Glenn Moeller-Holst:

> With block diagram:
>
> BCM4329 Product Brief:
> http://pdf.eccn.com/pdfs/Datasheets/Broadcom/BCM4329.pdf
> Quote: "...
> Supports IEEE 802.11d/e (WMM, QoS, WMM-PS), h, i, j
> (upgrades available for k, r, w)
> Operating Frequencies:
> 2.4 - 2.497 GHz
> 4.9 - 5.85 GHz [ which means that should also support ch 100-140 ]
> ..."

It indeed looks interesting and a little more integrated than the
current combination we have with the Wi2Wi and the Si4721.
And it adds 802.11a...

What I could not find is a complete datasheet
stating something about the dimensions of
the chip. And how easily we can connect the
antennas. The block diagram shows two
external "switches" whatever they are intended for.

Finally, we need some source to buy the chips. It
does not help to find the latest of the latest if we
can't get them in small quantities from a more or
less standard distributor.

We already have too many special chips with a
single source only and a single missing part is
stopping everything...

For the Wi2Wi we have at least 3 distributors
(even Mouser but they are a little expensive). And
for the Si4721 we can go back to the pin-compatible
Si4705 which is in stock with DigiKey...

So any ideas where to get Broadcom chips / samples /
data sheets?