[Gta04-owner] GTA04 in the press

Dr. Michael Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Thu Feb 3 14:51:29 CET 2011

>> And to add a technical note on that... I prefer the AT/QMI separation
>> over AT/AT+PPP every day. We have the same on the HTC Dream
>> and QMI runs circles around PPP when it comes to connecting and
>> disconnecting -- plus you don't need child process control.
>
> That sounds promising.
> Is there any documentation around for QMI ???

Unfortunately not, however there is some glue code in the android kernel
which we can model our driver after.

> Or does it require a "proprietary, closed userspace helper library" as the
> commenter suggests?

Definitely not – if it's the same QMI that I know. It's as simple as echoing
ascii commands into dev nodes. For reference, here's my
PDP driver that we're using for quite a while now in FSO on the HTC Dream:

http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=cornucopia.git;a=blob;f=fsogsmd/src/plugins/pdp_qmi/plugin.vala

Cheers,

:M: