[Gta04-owner] Replicant for GTA04? (Was WebOS for GTA04?)

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Fri Dec 23 16:02:42 CET 2011

Excerpts from PaulK's message of 2011-12-23 14:43:29 +0000:
<snip />
> I am the current main Replicant dev, already a GTA02 owner, and I'd indeed be interested in porting Replicant to GTA04.
> My efforts are currently concentrated on the Nexus S: I ported Replicant to it and I am involved in the free lib to deal with the modem (libsamsung-ipc), that is shared with SHR, as well as the Android RIL (samsung-ril on replicant gitorious repos). The modem has an undocummented protocol that we were able to discover, thanks to ius and morphis.
>
> Now that the big part of the work is over (we have working telephony, sms and data are unstable but will be ready soon), I think it would be great for me to work on GTA04.
> Though, I'm a student and can't afford buying the whole device…
wow! I guess many people would really like you to have a device available which you could use for development...

idea comes to my mind about possibly making a section on a site in direction of 'devices requested by developers', where people can put their request for device with information what they would like to work on, this way community would have chance to support organizing such devices...

=)

--
(living strictly moneyless already for over 2 years)
http://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper