[Gta04-owner] GPS receiver and Glonass/Galileo

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:28:30 CET 2011

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 22:40, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> As far as I know it is more an issue of firmware - and hardware only to the extent
> that the chips must be prepared for the frequencies and modulation schemes.
> I guess the handful of vendors of such modules will try to be the first to offer
> a new firmware variant.

IIRC, the chip that was used in the GTA-02 was also
firmware-upgradeable to be used with Galileo... So, it owuld ...
surprise me if the chip that was used in GTA-04 was not hardware
compatible (but, indeed, not firmware-compatible) with Galileo.

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0