[Gta04-owner] Developing missing Linux drivers

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Aug 22 08:36:29 CEST 2011

Thanks for the great work well after midnight!

Am 22.08.2011 um 00:17 schrieb David Lanzendörfer:

> A really big problem has occured.
> Obviously the strong changes inside the kernel API also have hit our board:
> http://git.strongswan.org/?p=linux-dumm.git;a=commitdiff;h=99716b662ba527ea66172ba215da8a9d0e567c3e;hp=bfb01197589965663772e6388f2bdf452e25adf2
>
> omap_set_gpio_debounce doesn't exist any longer, but we are heavily using it in our board.

Well, only in two cases: touchscreen pen interrupt and BMP085.

> It will take me a lot of time to figur out the right replacement like they did in this patch.

I think it is no longer required to "enable" debouncing. Just setting.

The first parameter of gpio_set_debounce() is the GPIO number
and the second parameter of is the debounce time is microseconds.

In the old omap_set_gpio_debounce_time() the second parameter
was the register value for the GPIO controller on the OMAP SoC.

Its values are: Input Debouncing Value in 31 microsecond steps. debouncing time = (DEBOUNCEVAL+1) x 31 us

Therefore I think

arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3gta04.c:	omap_set_gpio_debounce(TS_PENIRQ_GPIO, 1);
arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-omap3gta04.c:	omap_set_gpio_debounce_time(TS_PENIRQ_GPIO, 0xa);

should translate to

gpio_set_debounce(TS_PENIRQ_GPIO, (0x0a+1)*31);