[Fso] FSO Revitalizing Plan

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin.shar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 19:59:43 CET 2014

Hi everybody!

Although I don't have much free time these days to help a lot with these
projects, I'll try to stay tuned to be able to help at some point in the
future :)

Regarding opimd related stuff, I remember started thinking about somehow
integrating FSO into Telepathy (ie creating a FSO backend inside
Telepathy). That would give us the posibility to use Telepathy based apps
and services such as Empathy to use phone stuff (ie, chat using sms, calls
using gsm, etc.). That would bring us a bigger user base and we'd get
telepathy apps improvement for free.

For mobile based contact list, that means too we would get integration into
libfolks, as telepathy is already a libfolks backend, so we could jut use
libfolks to write contact related data in our own apps, with better
integration with other services such as evolution data server or whatever
we need.

Pau Espin Pedrol
mail/jabber: pespin.shar at gmail.com
http://blog.espeweb.net