[Fso] independence of FSO daemons

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Tue Dec 9 21:03:21 CET 2014

Am 09.12.2014 um 12:36 schrieb Dr. Michael Lauer:
> Hi Lukas,
>
>> If FSO sees some activity now, we might have a look at the issues
>> described in the attached mail by Neil. I think it is very important,
>> especially for fsogsmd, to be able to run independently.
>
> Full ACK. In fact, it has always been my approach to allow a
> cherrypicking of various FSO services while enabling more
> services if you take the „full package“ at the same time.
>

>> If the FSO daemons could run on kdbus, would only depend on libfsobasics
>> and would be able to run without runtime dependencies on other FSO
>> daemons, out of the box, this would be great.
>
> Absolutely. I’m completely supporting that and can’t wait to make it
> happen!
>
> That said, I’m pretty surprised that it doesn’t work for Neil. If I recall
> correctly (it has been quite some time), if fsousaged is not present,
> then the clients should be enabled / turned on by default.
>
> We need to sort this out!

AFAIK he was using the Debian packages, which might be outdated, have
extra patches and usually suffer from outdated/non-optimal configs (in
comparison to OE/SHR)...

I might be able to help getting a good version of FSO into Debian once
there is an improvement. I've already started this effort quite some
time ago (see my github) and I also have access to the
pkg-fso/git.debian.org repositories.

Best,
  Lukas