[Discuss] AJZaurus, Mac 10.6.x, and freerunner with android?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Feb 9 09:37:26 CET 2011

Hello,

Am 07.02.2011 um 13:31 schrieb Otto Roberson Bertsch:

> Hello,
>
> I was recommended to this list by the Android on Freerunner group.
>
> Recently installed Android Cupcake to SD, and can't get the adb client to recognize the FR.
> I had to set up the interface again on the Mac, I can successfully ping. Using adb does not tell me that there is "no device", it simply does not list any device and running any command tells me no device exists.
>
> I don't know if this is somehow related to the CDC-ACM issue mentioned on the openmoko wiki. I've searched around a bit but before I get lost I thought I'd ask for help.
>
> I've been using SHR on the FR for a while, works fine with the AJZaurus driver.

Hm. If it works with SHR and not with Android I think it may have several reasons:
1. Android does not correctly support CDC-Ethernet (or differently from SHR)
2. configuration issue (is g_ether loaded and ifconfig correctly initialized on the Freerunner?)
3. IP address / routing table entries?

Well, if you can ping, it appears to be something different. Firewall?
Some daemon not running?

Hope these ideas help,