[Tinkerphones] LetuxOS: PinePhone support

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 3 19:24:22 CET 2020

Hi,
finally, after bootstrapping my aarch64-linux-gnu (arm64) cross-toolchain
and fixing minor issues I am able to compile our kernel tree for
arm64 :)

Using a pinephone_defconfig from

	https://gitlab.com/pine64-org/linux/blob/58a9a99b775d71c5b78f19da1a251788561d28cc/arch/arm64/configs/pinephone_defconfig

and letux-5.5.1 I got an 248 MB vmimage.

Next I have to find out which image compression is needed for the
U-Boot and how to place it on the SD card and then try to boot.

Then it seems possible to create our own kernel and in a next
step dream about user-space (Replicant, QtMoko, QuantumSTEP) etc.

So this means from letux-5.6-rc1 on, there will also be initial
PinePhone support. Potentially we can also support the RasPi 4
if someone wants to try and find out a defconfig.