[Tinkerphones] Community Digest, Vol 69, Issue 4

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Feb 5 16:42:02 CET 2018

Hi Niels,

> Am 05.02.2018 um 16:33 schrieb Niels Heyvaert <nielsheyvaert at hotmail.com>:
>
> Hi Michael / Nikolaus,
>
> A hackathon would definitely be beneficial, I believe. However, I wonder if only one evening will be getting us any closer to any incremental step forward. I can imagine some time will be lost by setting up toolchains and fixing dependencies/versions before things get going.

I agree that one evening is very short time. Our last hacking workshop in Munich was a full weekend and it turned out that we only scratched the surface. The real work starts afterwards :)

> With guys from Replicant, QtMoko, OpenPhoenux, Neo900 and FSO in one room, a lot can be achieved. Guys like Radek, Sebastian, hellekin, Denis, Paul, Wolfgang and yourselves.

Seems to confirm my proposal that someone should try to organise a "Mobile HW&SW Devroom".

> To make this efficient, you could consider preparing a wishlist of items to be worked with suggestions from the people attending.
>
> Alternative option is to do an afternoon+evening in an appartment/hotel and register as FOSDEM Fringe with a combination of a lightning the first day of FOSDEM to involve/attrackt more people.
>
> And why not get other people from Purism involved too ?

Looks as if there is a lot of interest. Maybe the biggest of all organisations should take care of it.