[Tinkerphones] New tinkerphone gadgets in Goldelico shop?

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:46:53 CET 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 5:33 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Hi Marek,
> this are nice findings!
>
> Did I understand all that correctly that one just needs some 3.3V compatible UART plus host software?
>
> The FST-01 hardware has three connector pads for
> * GND
> * SWCLK
> * SWDIO
>
> where it is expected to connect the ST-link. These pin names look a little more like I2C than UART.
> Or are they dual-function?
According other app note:
https://www.google.sk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjyzaDIisDXAhVMfxoKHaALBx0QFggmMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.st.com%2Fresource%2Fen%2Fapplication_note%2Fcd00167594.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0qX4Dmhs0QSw4vcuN33uhq
it looks like there are various pattern how to start bootloader stored
in internal ROM (burn in production). So maybe we will just need some
jumper and connector to plug usb->uart converter and user can then
easily update SW in stm32.

> And do we need to pull up/down some other pin to enable this programming protocol?
>
> Generally I'd like to avoid adding costly hardware which is rarely used.
> One thing is that it may well make the cost go up to 50€ per key...
> And the other is that it needs space making the key bigger.
So adding small connector (rx,tx,gnd) + maybe 1 jumper for force
bootloader to start shouldn't be so expensive ;)

> BR,
> Nikolaus

BR,

marem