[Tinkerphones] New tinkerphone gadgets in Goldelico shop?

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:41:51 CET 2017

Hi Nikolaus,

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM, H. Nikolaus Schaller
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>> Am 13.11.2017 um 11:45 schrieb Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have experience with programming stm32 (there exists stm32uart
>>> utility which can burn SW) but in this case I'm unsure.
>>> Does stm32 boot from external spi flash or external spi flash is used
>>> for something else?
>> In meantime I found that it's possible via ST-link only:
>> http://wiki.seeed.cc/FST-01/
>> also here: http://www.gniibe.org/memo/development/fst-01/dongle/fst-01-swd-connection.html
>> so if we do new design maybe would be good to add for user possibility
>> to update FW.
> Nice finding!
> Well, this would mean that we have to clone the ST-link device (where I have not
> yet an idea what is inside) and add another USB socket.
> But there seem to be clones:
> https://www.gearbest.com/development-boards/pp_62989.html?currency=EUR&vip=2275155&gclid=CjwKCAiAoqXQBRA8EiwAIIOWstP9pf8EWlN1SaHyGVUZzDDjkmMVt329W6Misb_BTv_HxOqSr28UMxoCQ_8QAvD_BwE
> Hm. Well, the ST-Link device is another Microcontroller with built-in firmware.
> So how do we flash that :)
OK chicken-egg problem ;). I'm not sure which interface is using
stlink but for sure I know that stm32 can be programmed vie serial
interface using : https://github.com/jsnyder/stm32ld
so maybe it will be necessary to have connector for update process (or
even bettre to usb usb serial converter on board and other usb port to
flash software). BTW we have only schematics do we have also SW which
will run in stm32?