[Tinkerphones] New tinkerphone gadgets in Goldelico shop?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Nov 3 13:06:51 CET 2017

On Friday 3. November 2017 10.54.44 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > Am 03.11.2017 um 10:32 schrieb Thomas Munker <t.munker at gmx.net>:
> >
> > i would like to see some small cryptographic hardware, like eg. yubikey.
> > At best easy interfaceable to gta02/gta04 or with necessary interface
> > hardware
>
> I have checked what they have:
>
> https://www.yubico.com/product/yubikey-4-series/
> <https://www.yubico.com/product/yubikey-4-series/>
>
> It seems they offer USB-A and USB-C. So neither Mini nor Micro-USB. So it
> needs a proper adapter.

There is an article on LWN.net about these devices and others:

https://lwn.net/Articles/736231/

It covers the Yubikey NEO and Yubikey 4 plus the Nitrokey Pro and FST-01.

> Or we build our own simple Mini-USB-key with some tiny microcontroller for
> that purpose. But we lack certification and cloud integration.
>
> Is there a project that already goes into that direction? AFAIR there was
> Anelok by Werner Almesberger but it had a different focus.

Anelok is largely concerned with password management:

https://anelok.com/

There are quite a few projects targeting this particular area (and also key
management) just on Crowd Supply alone:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/third-pin/pastilda (awaiting shipping)
https://www.crowdsupply.com/nth-dimension/signet (funded, in manufacturing)
https://www.crowdsupply.com/duly-co/opentpm (campaign not yet started)