[Tinkerphones] If we can’t fix it, no one can...

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Nov 2 19:39:19 CET 2017

IMHO an interesting reading:

It shows how things have changed in the past 30 years:

"Even Apple, now one of the most repair-unfriendly gadget makers in the business, sent a free, exhaustive manual—complete with schematics—to owners of the Apple II. It was expected that many owners would repair and maybe even tinker with their equipment."

Yes, I am in possession of a copy of such an Apple II manual...

So what are your experiences with devices (besides Openmoko, GTA04 etc.) regarding repair and tinkerability?