[Tinkerphones] deb-packaging omap-uboot-utils

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Dec 30 13:27:24 CET 2017

Hi,

> Am 30.12.2017 um 13:07 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering why there is no debian package of omap-uboot-utils.
> It contains things like: pserial and pusb to boot an omap board without
> (or broken) installed software from a host computer.

Well, I think there aren't many OMAP users in need of it. Almost all
boards can easily be unbricked by SD card and there are tons of descriptions.

pserial has the reputation of being difficult, slow and last resort,
although that is not true (except slow).

> I have patched that and I am trying to upstream part of them.
>
> But now I am wondering about packaging it. Is there any reason why that
> is not in debian yet?
>
> So do we want to have it in our local repo?
>
> I am also thinking about having a letux-rescue package depending on that
> (and including or depending on a proper u-boot version) to be able to
> fix bootloader stuff and perhaps also boot a debian installer from
> there.

Yes, I can add it if there is demand. I can either include .deb packages
if you already have them or build from scratch.