[Tinkerphones] Status GTA04 Hardware & Software

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Fri Apr 14 23:54:53 CEST 2017

On Fri, 14 Apr 2017 19:18:13 +0200

> let me give a short status update:

[...]
> * NAND image: is Debian 8.7 (Jessie) + LXDE. This is
> more a demo and hardware test than a useable device
> GUI. It is neither finger compatible nor does it have
> many functions. Running GPS-Demo, Camera-Demo and
> SimpleGSM-HUI seems to be not reliable and after
> booting a nasty "PID not found" message pops up.
> The last one is related to LXDE. I even tried with
> an experimental Stretch system but the error remains.
> Maybe, some LXDE component is misconfigured.

Last image I looked at:
HOME is not properly set due to the way X is started.
maybe simply use nodm package and not use startx directly from inittab.

HOME not set gives a mess and some programs will certainly misbehave.
simple-gsmgui expects the rfkill block/unblock be done externally.
Maybe simply adding these as desktop icons, too?
There were two .desktop files. One from the deb package and one
added by you.
It should be started via start-gsmgui.sh (what is done like that
in the .desktop file in the .deb package)

BTW: AFAICR installing e17 / illume was just a matter of
apt-get install e17. That has a more touchscreen-friendly surface.

Regards,
Andreas