[Tinkerphones] [Gta04-owner] GTA04A5 and News from the Kernel

Geoff Wyche geoff at gxwtech.com
Wed Nov 2 06:46:45 CET 2016

My 70 year old father is using a 'feature phone' and is looking for a
new phone (United States).  He uses Solaris on a day-to-day basis, and
Linux regularly.  I have been following the list avidly, but am having
difficulty with the price although I know it is a very fair price.  All
other pocket computer/phones are beholden to some power or another, and
I need a pocket computer I can trust.  Why can't I get a simple firewall
on my phone?  Why not a simple firewall for the old telephone network?
We will be buying, when we can.

Keep up the good work.

I may be interested in assisting development.  I do embedded Linux.
--G