[Community] [Gta04-owner] Report on QtMoko

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Jun 16 14:49:17 CEST 2016

Quoting H. Nikolaus Schaller (2016-06-15 13:29:57)
> BTW: is it possible to set up the apt repo in a way that it regularly
> pulls the sources from the git and rebuilds the packages and the meta
> information?
>
> Then, we never have to "upload" anything. Just to tell the server
> which source packages to fetch.

Building and publishing can be separated - even on different hosts.

The two main frameworks in Debian for building in a clean environment
are sbuild and pbuilder.  Each of those have several
wrappers/frameworks/extensions to build fully automated when thrown
source packages at it.

This gives some ideas of the tools available:

  # apt install apt-xapian-index
  # update-apt-xapian-index
  $ axi-cache search pbuilder
  $ axi-cache search sbuild

(alternatively can also use the better known but less clever apt-cache)

Among the hits of above searches, I suggest to look closer at
whalebuilder, debomatic and pybit - depending on your taste of
infrastructure.

For publishing the recommended tool to use is reprepro.

 - Jonas