[Community] [Gta04-owner] Report on QtMoko

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Jun 15 19:40:32 CEST 2016

> Am 15.06.2016 um 19:37 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>:
>
> Quoting Radek Polak (2016-06-15 15:49:46)
>> On Wednesday 15 of June 2016 15:27:37 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>
>>> - QtMoko is a GUI software project using Qt on top of Debian
>>
>> It should be running on any linux distro. E.g. on maemo rootfs,
>> openembedded, openwrt. I was doing debian rootfs because it worked
>> best for me.
>
> I completely agree: QtMoko should be coded distro-agnostic!

Yes it should (at least as good as possible). I am already happy if that is
a strech goal and the initial goal is to get in compile & run again on top of Debian
(like it was some time ago).

> I strongly believe that it makes best sense to distinguish between the
> QtMoko kernel, the QtMoko software, and the QtMoko packaging.  I believe
> only one of them should be labelled as QtMoko

Most likely it should be as this:

QtMoko software = "QtMoko"
QtMoko packaging for Debian = some repository
QtMoko kernel = Letux kernel (at some point in the future kernel.org) packed the same way as QtMoko so that kernel dependencies are well defined

QtMoko sources can and should of course include all build configs for Debian.
And if someone needs, build rules for other targets they can be added as well at some point in the future.

> but will respect the
> terminology laid out in this thread...

Which is IMHO not much different.