[Community] [Gta04-owner] Report on QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 15 15:49:46 CEST 2016

On Wednesday 15 of June 2016 15:27:37 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> - QtMoko is a GUI software project using Qt on top of Debian

It should be running on any linux distro. E.g. on maemo rootfs,
openembedded, openwrt. I was doing debian rootfs because it worked
best for me.

> doesn't look difficult. The main task is to set up a virtual machine
> on the server to run Debian on it... So please do not expect that it is
> done in the next days or weeks. This is why using an existing apt
> server and just redirecting the domain would be easier.

If you'd like to, you can use sourceforge. I can add you as admins to
qtmoko project. You'll have ssh/FTP/shell access. It's tested documented,
with support. Apt repo is already there
http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/debian You can make your own if needed.

There is good reason for for using some public well know service. The guy
who bought qtmoko.net domain went away and the domain which used to
have thousand of serious users was showing some crap. Very sad for
programmer who spent countless hours on the SW.

BR

Radek