[Community] [Gta04-owner] Report on QtMoko

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Jun 15 15:47:34 CEST 2016

Quoting Josua Mayer (2016-06-15 14:42:07)
>> Am 15.06.2016 um 13:48 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk>:
>>> Quoting Josua Mayer (2016-06-15 13:07:56)
>>>
>>> Not sure what you mean by that.  To be on the safe side I will *not*
>>> touch that git until clarified that you consider it a help that I do
>>> so. (but since mailinglist discussion is more tedious than git
>>> edits, I will likely contribute _less_).
> What I mean is simple: If:
> a) the change is tested
> b) you dont feel like there is a need to discuss potential alternatives
> feel free to commit.

Thanks.  We are on same page, then, regarding commit style.

> I did consider a pull-request approach, but that is really pointless
> as long as there are so few people working on this tree.

pull-request approach is IMO related to amount of contributors but
instead to the (perceived) need for control over the git.

>>> APT does not support http 301/302 redirection,
> Really? I think I have been using both 301 and 302 for this purpose in
> the past.

I would love to be proven wrong - then I could promote
https://deb.jones.dk as replacement for http://debian.jones.dk/

Point me to some APT source that uses 301 or 302 redirects, and I will
check with various APT-related tools that all work correctly.  Perhaps
the problems I have experienced in the past is long gone.

 - Jonas