[Community] Report on QtMoko

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Jun 15 12:01:13 CEST 2016

On Tue Jun 14 16:41:23 CEST 2016, Josua Mayer wrote:

> When touching the screen, Qt properly detects a mouse-press at the right
> location of the screen. But then when moving the pointer, it runs away
> in a non-linear fashion.
> I later concluded that it looks like this:
> pos_new = new_absolute_coordinates + distance_to_last_position
> This is a serious issue and needs investigating. We suspect that the
> Qt-Embedded LinuxTP mouse driver is doing something nasty!

A quick suggestion that might not be practical: have you tried using the
linuxinput driver instead?

http://doc.qt.io/qt-4.8/qt-embedded-pointer.html

For example, when I compiled Qt for the Kobo Mini, I compiled it with
linuxinput support (-qt-mouse-linuxinput) and selected the driver using an
environment variable at run-time:

QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=linuxinput:/dev/input/event1

I've always had difficulty with tslib but linuxinput has mostly worked for
me, once I've figured out which device file it needs to read from.

David