[Community] [Gta04-owner] Report on QtMoko

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Jun 15 00:33:33 CEST 2016

[replying to community list only]

Quoting Josua Mayer (2016-06-14 16:41:23)
> I intended to make actual debs available, but I have yet to find time
> uploading these huge things. For the moment packages will have to be
> built from source, as to the instructions in the new repositories linkd
> below.
>
> 1) Kernel: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/qtmoko2-kernel/page/README/

Seems to me a more appropriate name would be gta04-kernel.

> There is now an easy way to build a kernel deb from whatever release
> our kernel hackers deem stable. It is meant to be unpacked on top of a
> fresh rootfs.

Great!

I have improvements - at first to the README, to use only pure Debian,
not need the (derivative of Debian) emdebian, but I may stumble upon
other details I can polish.

Can I please get write access to that repo, or should I rather post my
proposed changes here for screening/discussion/whatever?

> Thats it for now, as mentioned above you can expect an apt repository
> to be made available soon(TM).

As I mentioned also at our meeting, I would be happy to either host that
APT repo or help set it up, if that is of interest.

 - Jonas