[Community] GTA04A5 production status

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jun 10 11:35:40 CEST 2016

Hi all,
good news!

I have received the final quotation and we are ready to place the final order at the production
company (http://www.global-components.de) on Monday.

All production data (gerber files, material list etc.) is available so it only depends on their production
schedule.

We will produce 20 units in a first step (to verify that production and A5 hardware and layout changes
work) and then another run (hoping that it does not need anything to be redone).

Another good news is that we can offer a new camera module that appears to be compatible.
Will be made available soon in our shop.

Finally, our workshop last weekend was successful and is a basis that we will see new software
(QtMoko2) soon.

So please if you consider to get a GTA04A5 / Letux 2804 (or have preordered but not yet paid fully),
please do an order now:

http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04%20Complete
http://shop.goldelico.com/wiki.php?page=GTA04

Just to remind what the GTA04 / Letux 2804 is: it is a smartphone produced by the community for
the community that is as open as currently feasible to allow you to tinker around with software or do
hardware extensions.

New features of GTA04A5:
* 1GHz DM3730
* 1GB RAM
* 512 MB OneNAND
* new WiFi chip (2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz) with Bluetooth 4.1
* some sensors modernized (BMC150, BMG160, BMP280)
* new camera module
* should allow for even deeper power states in suspend than before
* USB-OTG and GPS antenna plugs soldered differently so that it is more difficult to break them off
* other hardware fixes and improvements

Thank you,