[Community] New cell phone design wanted?

wonderphone at posteo.de wonderphone at posteo.de
Sun Jan 10 22:01:51 CET 2016

Geoff <geoff at gxwtech.com> wrote:

>>> I am not concerned about seeing the PCB layout.
> But the PCB layout becomes just another unknown binary blob. Just as
> you trust other developers to check the software, by reading and
> compiling it, so should you trust open hardware developers to check the
> PCB, possibly by getting it printed at a shop of their choosing.

At least, we should have an electronic signature on  the schematics file
by the manufacturer of the PCB indicating that it perfectly correspond
to the board layout. In case there are differences the manufacturer
should be liable to pay any buyer of a board a sum of - say - 10,000 $
in damages.

BR
Oliver