[Tinkerphones] Status GTA04A5 - unplanned Xmas present!

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 23:01:09 CET 2016

On donderdag 22 december 2016 19:01:32 CET H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> today (...on the redesigned GTA04A5...) Linux got up and
> running!
>
> I could play around a little to find out that the 3G modem
> can be turned on and reports IMEI and status. And the WiFi
> chip is also found.
>
> All this are things I wasn't able to test so far.
>
> Then I connected a display and made a short video:
>
> 	https://youtu.be/JrLN8zHmuxQ
>
> Phew - it seems to work!

It does! I had to blink a tear away, seeing the familiar battery, screen and OS on this shiny
new board ;-)

Digging through the old mails, in this case the openings in the stencil are narrower than
before, resulting in less flux on the pads?

Thank you for this well timed surprise, and happy holidays to all!

Boudewijn